HairTG - Strand for Substance Designer is a limited version of HairTG - Hair & Fur supporting a single strand.
- Drawing of a single strand, pattern based, to be positioned with 10 movable control points into the 2D view of Substance Designer.
- Outputs Mask, Alpha, ID, Depth, Color, Flow (with oriented background), Gradient Ramp maps.
- Strand thickness control independently at root and tip, with midpoint and three variation types: Linear, Cosine and Xn (n configurable).
- Support for automatic and user-provided depth profiles (to generate the Depth map).
- Automatic depth profiles are controlled by frequency (number of variations) and a random amplitude amount. Depth profile can be visualized as a curve to ease their design.
- The strand start/end/height is configurable.
- A powerful Modulation section with Sine and triangle based modulation functions, frequency and amplitude settings including randomization options, frequency modulation, amplitude fade, multiple types of sine-based modulation etc.
- Infinite hair feature joining the first a last control points to create a continuous curve.
- A fade effect (Alpha and Color outputs) can be applied to the strand’s root and tip. The fade amounts for root and tip are configurable as well as the position of a midpoint separating the two. The fading effect also has a controllable randomization factor so all strands may not fade at the same location.
- Strand thickness for Mask, ID and Flow maps can be adjusted.
- Utility to visualize Flow map directions with a choice of two direction patterns and 5 sizes.
- Grayscale and color custom patterns are supported for drawing strands in addition to a default grayscale pattern.
- Pattern iteration count per curve part is configurable.
- Pattern can be rotated function of the curve flow and dynamically sized.
Content of the pack
HairTG - Strand in sbsar format
HairTG - Depth Profile in sbsar format
- Template SBS file
- User Manual
- Release Notes
- License notice and disclaimer
If you need the full-featured version or a commercial license, please check HairTG - Hair & Fur.